Refugee Travel Document Application Assistance

Our OISC qualified team provides assistance in completing a Home Office Travel Document for just £175.00
A person holding a travel document passport
a person holding a travel document
a stack of travel passports
If you are a refugee and the UK Home Office UK have given you permission to travel, we can help with a ‘convention travel document’ or ‘travel document’ application.

The official application form is available through the UK Government website and can be filled in using the guidance notes, completed and submitted with a £72 fee to the Home Office. If you do not feel confident in filling in the refugee travel document, then we can do this for you for a flat fee of £175.00 which is the cheapest advertised paid service you will find in the entire UK.

Who is this Travel Document (TD112 BRP) form for?

  • A refugee who has been granted asylum in the UK. If you have been recognised as a refugee under the terms of the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, you may apply for a 1951 UN Convention refugee travel document (blue).
  • A person who has come to the UK on a Family Reunion visa to join a refugee who is present in the UK.

As long as you meet one of the two conditions above, UK Visas and Immigration will award this travel document to you unless it believes there are strong grounds to refuse it to you.

Who can get help with a refugee travel document?

First of all, you must be lawfully resident and present in the UK at the time of applying for the travel document. You must also apply for a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) if you do not already have one.

What are the current fees for the TD112 BRP Travel Document?

As of writing, the fees are £72 for an adult and £46 for a child. Application fees are not refunded should the application be rejected or withdrawn. Please make sure to send the correct fee with the travel document application or your application outcome may be delayed.

How long is the refugee travel document valid for?

The travel document is normally valid for up to 10 years for an adult or 5 years for a child. Shorter durations may be awarded at the discretion of UK Visas and Immigration.

Where can I travel to once I have the travel document?

The travel document will normally be acceptable as an ID for most countries except for the country that you have claimed asylum from. However, this can be allowed in should at the discretion of the Home Office.

When should I expect a decision from the Home Office?

The summer months are usually the busiest period, but the UK Visas and Immigration website states that it aims to process 70% of applications received within one month. During the summer months, this can take up to 3 months. Applicants are asked to not contact UK Visas & Immigration about their application unless 14 weeks have passed.

Are we solicitors that help with travel document applications?

No, we are not solicitors. However, since we are OISC qualified immigration experts, our work is recognised to be equivalent. The difference is that we offer immigration services at a fraction of the cost.

Since we are set up to cater for refugees, our main client source is those wanting assistance on applying for the 1951 UN Convention refugee travel document.

However, our Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) trained advisors are trained to offer the same service for the following:

Please note that the UK Visas & Immigration fee for the Stateless person’s document is £218 for adults and £109 for children. Please enquire using the link at the bottom of this page and we can let you know if we are able to assist as we prioritise refugee travel documents during busy periods.

Why use Stride Partnership for this service?

We offer this as an add-on service to our normal services for clients that are not entirely comfortable in completing the travel document application form. Some of our employees are OISC trained advisors and have years of experience in successfully submitting travel document applications.

We are also priced substantially below what solicitors would charge and our discounted rate for travel documents is a flat £175.00 per person. This fee will cover our work until a decision is made by the Home Office. It does not involve any appeals, nor do we get involved in any appeals. The £175.00 fee does not include the disbursements that may be incurred by us such as the travel documents form fee.

Finally, we are a social enterprise and any monies generated is reinvested back into the company to support integration services to refugees in the UK. By offering a discounted price of £175.00, we are able to offer a fairly priced professional service that is much cheaper than fees charged by high street solicitors across the UK.

Where can we offer this service?

As stated earlier, we work remotely and can offer this service to all clients across the UK. However, if you'd like to come and meet us in person, we sometimes are able to travel to and offer this service in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bradford, Newcastle and Birmingham.